Saturday, May 12, 2007

A great adventure!

Dear all,
I'm back, did you miss me?
So I didnt quite manage to use the Wifi at the hotel, too exhausted.
But I have got pickies of my great adventure.
It's the first time my wage earning job has really featured here, but the pickies are too good not to include.
Some of you will know, I'm an archivist in my other life, I gather and catalogue photographs for a large quarrying company Aggregate Industries ( go to company history if you want to see what I do ish( I'm the side kick)). We have over 400 site in the uk alone and they all have a vivid and long history, I try to document them through the photographs that are found, some dating back to the 1870s
These few days I've been helping out with an open day at one of our devon quarries. Partly as an archivist because we are in the process of writing about this quarry for a book and I also helped out with the 400 school children ( gulp) that were being shown around.
So firstly I had to get down to Devon..... I was given a pool car which I then gave back, I like my cars in working order, so they gave me this one..... I think they were trying to make a point, but if they were it totally backfired, I've had lots of fun and my boy loves it.
And just to give you a taster of the modern day archivist out in the community.... can you see why they dont let me out very often? do I look cold and wet?
I promise sp10 and beads tomorrow, off to watch eurovision song contest and sleep.

Al x

No comments: