Thursday, February 15, 2007

SP10 Questionaire

Dear All,
It's that time again, I've signed up for SP10 ( secret pal 10), for those unfamiliar with this go to the blog, it's basically an anonymous spoiling thing. For SP9 I spoiled Gill, and had lots of fun doing it, I'm not sure who I've been spoilt by cos she's still spoiling me!!

The first part of the secret pal is the questionaire, this gives your spoiler an idea of what you like/dislike, so here's mine.

1) what is you favorite yarn and least favorite yarn?
I tend to like chunky yarns, and linen, and hemp, aran silk and sari silk, banana yarn and Noro.
anything lacey frightens me!

2) what do you use to store you needles/hooks in? A large plastic box and a Rowan carrier bag, I have a plan to make a knitting needle roll, I just need to gather the material and the time. I'm not entirely sure as to the wearabouts of my crochet hooks, that's a job for this evening.

3)How long have you been knittin/crocheting, what level are you?
I'm definitely a beginner, I love knitting but I think I'm a better crocheter. I have a fab support team though, co my MIL is an ace knitter.

4) do you have an amazon wish list? yes here!

5)what is your favorite scent?
I love lavender, rose, sandlewood, geranium rosemary etc

6)do you have a sweet tooth? yes yes yes! I love chocolate, especially dark choc. I love thorntons and chocolate raisins. did I mention I loved chocolate.

7) what other crafts do you you do, do you spin?
I can spin, I crochet, felt, braid, paint, draw, dye yarn and fabric. does disorganisation count as a craft ( it should)

8)What music do you like, can you do MP3s
into madeline peroux, scissor sisters, kaiser chiefs, ray la montague, at the mo.

9) favorite and least favorite colours
I like purples, burgundys, jade, browns ( chocolately, of course), sage greens, I also like bright mixes, I dont really have a dislike, althought I'm not sure I do pastels

10) family situation? pets?
Chaotic! a fab and understanding hubby called Si, two kids; Adam (5yrs) and Emi ( 2yrs) and lenny the cat ( 8yrs) and Moscow the mad kitten ( 10 wks)

11) Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens, ponchos?
I permanently wear hats and scarves, I'm getting into mittens and arm warmers. Ponchos and me dont mix, one of us is the wrong shape!

12)What are you favorite items to knit?
easy ones! I like knitting bags and felting them, I'm just starting to get the hang of knitting but get easily frustrated. It's a time and money thing

13) what are you knitting right now?
trying to knit a scarf, with dropped stitches in!!! and crocheting a scarf, from teh happy hooker book.

14) do you like home made gifts?
love them!

15)straight or circular needles, bamboo, aluminium or plastic/.
straight and circular, bamboo and plastic, love qurky plastic crochet hooks

16) Do you own a yarn winder/ swift? I have a yarn winder and a ball winder

17) how old if you oldest UFO?
In terms of knitted/ crochet about a year, I have a crochet scarf that is barely started

18) favorite holiday?
bit too post-christmas to say christmas, bit to close to birthdays to say birthdays. I like valentines day. I just like giving.

19) is there anything you collect? I accumulate yarn and equipment, and ideas of things I would like to do.

20) any books, yarns, needles, patterns you are dying to have? do you have any subscriptions?
I have a subscription to yarn forward and a digital subscription to Craft ( might have to make that a paper one though, it makes my eyes go funny if I read it for to long).
I have my eyes on tunisian crochet hooks and tunisian crochet cables at the moment, thick ones though. I love Noro, aran silk, and Colinette yarn but tend not to be able to justify it. I also like buttons and indian bells. I'm also looking to get the prudence mapstone books on freeform knitting and crochet. I also seem to have cravings for anything by Amy Butler at the moment.

21) are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I just want to be able to knit and crochet!!
I also seem to be coming around to wanting to sew, i got the crafters companion for xmas and there are some yummy things in there I would like to try.

22) are you a sock knitter? what are you foot measurements?
No though it looks like fun, I dont think my knitting is quite there yet I'm a uk size 6. I would love some knitted socks though.

23) when is your birthday? 25th January

No comments: