Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Good Kharma Bunny, good kharma day

Dear all,
Some pay for a day at a spa other go on city breaks etc...
Not me, Us lot need a break, too many bugs and bad nights.
I finally gave in today, we should have done the monthly shop this morning, but after another bad night with poorly kids, we gave in.
If you cant beat the bugs join them, kinda. It is true I have felt rubbish today but not really poorly, but so as not to loose another week, with me poorly instead, we had a day off.
We had hot chocolate and home made pancakes and fruit salad for breakfast.
then Emi and I had a leisurely bath, lots of bubbles.
Then once up and dressed we watched Mary Poppins 1 and a 1/2 times, Lunch interveened during the first time.
Adam is now singing supercalafragilistic...... you get the jist.
Whilst this was all happening , I also had a lovely conversation with a few online weavers spinners and dyers about Tunisian crochet hooks.
The online WSD workshop this month is Crochet, cool.
I also kept knitting my belt from yesterdays course, pickies to follow soon. lets just say its colinette and bit lacey.
And just because I dont want you to think my domestic goddess hat was slippping we did hoover down stairs as a team effort. Adam should be back at school tomorrow, so some semblence of normality should return.
There was team effort on supper as well.
kids all asleep by 7.30pm yey.
the only thing that could blow this domestic bliss, is emi's cough and Moscow chasing a balloon.
comic timing.... POP Cough!
Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
OOOooooohhhh you'll like this, I've been saving it for such a day!
introducing my home grown butter nut squash. I grew this!!!!
hmm illusion shattered, small but perfectly formed.

Al x

1 comment:

Mama Grouch said...

okay, that butternut squash is the cutest thing I have every seen. Thanks for reminding me about great kid movies, I am off to rent Mary Poppins now...