Monday, October 02, 2006

Secret pal 9 questionaire

Dear all, just so you don't all think I've completely lost it, I shall explain.
Over the next three months I am taking part in secret pal 9.
There are about 550 of us this time.....
The blog explains the concept alot better than I can...secretpal9
Basically you spoil someone (anonymously) and someone spoils you ( anonymously).
In order for your spoiler to get to know you, everyone has to fill in a questionaire.
So stand by to learn lots of things about me that many of you knew or didnt want to know.

1, Favourite yarn to knit with, and what fibres dont I like.
I love all yarns, I'm a bit scared by anything delicate or thinner than double knit, like mohair and 4ply. I tend towards chunky and natural. I like hemp and linen to do my braids with and I like nearly all the Noro yarns. I tend to buy alot of fantasy yarns ( hairy and acrylic) for knitting into felting wool and cords. I love silk yarns , but then who doesn't. I love banana yarn and sari silk, they make great cords. I love all of them.....

2, what do I use to store my needles/hooks in?
Crochet hooks currently in an old cigar box, knitting needles spread randomly around house (out of reach of small hands) (sorry)

3, How long have I been knitting, how did I learn, what level to I think I am.
I AM DEFINITELY A BEGINNER! But I'm trying very hard. I've been knitting about a year. my mum taught me and my mother in law is an excellent tutor in both knitting and crochet. mil is alot quicker than me aswell.

4, Do I have an amazon online wish list?
yes

5, Favourite scent?
Lavender, sandlewood, rosewood.

6, Do I have a sweet tooth? favourite candy?
Yes very, but I'm a dark dark chocolate girl, or milk chocolate if I've run out. dont do chewy sweets.

7, what other crafts/do it yourself things do I like, do I spin?
felting, braiding; ply split braiding and kumihimo braiding, dyeing, spinning, anything that involves yarn or fibre.

8, what music do i like? am I MP3 compatible
I'm not MP3 compatible. I like nina simone, elvis costello , david bowie, the Scissor sisters, madeline peroux etc.... very broad likes. ( ooohh apparently my computer is MP3 compatible)

9, favourite colours? I go for most colour combinations as long as it has some element of purple, burgundy, peuce pink, maroon. I also like turquoise/jade.
I dont really have any dislikes that I know of.

10, family situation? pets?
Manic, One ever understanding husband of eight years, a four and a half year old boy and a very cute pink girl, of one and a half. And a cat called Lenny!

11, Scarves, hats, mittens, or ponchos?
I don't function without a scarf (inside or out) and I dont go outside without a hat

12, favourite item to knit? easy ones, I mainly do bags , hats and scarves. I like to knit accessories. I do quick projects, so I finish them.

13, what am I knitting now? a hat for my little girl

14 do I like to receive hand made gifts?
I Love to.

15, straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
To early to say, although i seem to favour the circulars.

16, do I own a yarn winder or swift?
No, No

17, how old is your oldest UFO?
about four months

18, favourite holiday? Last year we had a lovely beach holiday to north Wales, with all the family. If I was been selfish I would say a quiet beach anywhere with my hubby, and a glass of red wine.
Or after reading other peoples answers christmas!

19, Do I collect anything?
yarn! Anything unusual that might be good in cords or knitted in for interest. my hubby says I dont have any room to collect anything else!
Stuff from the beach or bits from the walk to school, we have alot of conkers this week.
I seem to attract odd childrens socks. dont think that counts.

20, Any books, yarns, needles, patterns I want, what knitting subscription do I have?
I dont have any knitting subscriptions, I buy simply knitting sometimes, but find it frustrating cos I cant do alot of whats in it, or dont have to time. There are alot of books on my amazon list.

21, Any new techniques I would like to learn?
I think I need to master the basics first. Crochet seems to come easier to me than knitting. I keep thinking about knitting socks, but i think that may be a step to far. I've just managed to master knitting a seamless bag on two circular needles, so there is hope for me.

22, am i a sock knitter? foot size?
no I'm not, foot size uk 6 , not sure what other measurements you need.

23 birthday? 25th of January

hmm I feel completely bare and slightly insane!
al x

2 comments:

Mac's niece said...

That's a great questionnaire - and very good answers.

Good luck with your secret pal - I am sure you will have lots of fun.

I look forward to seeing details of your packages (sent and received).

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am your secret pal for Secret pal 9. Prepare to be stalked - but in a nice way!