Thursday, September 28, 2006

I did it my way

Dear All,
I did it !!!!
I did my first proper official course in Kumihimo braiding
I've taught the local "Quilt together group" how to braid.
They were brilliant, so enthusiastic.
They had to be forced to take a tea break.
This is what the room looked like, can you see my giant kumihimo disc!!














These are the ladies hard at work















and these are the wonderful braids they produced.


Some were so efficient that they produced three samples in about two hours
A huge success.
Bring on the big courses!!
off to do something non braid related!!!
al x

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Lovely! You must be proud!

Mac's niece said...

Well done! Looks great - so many braids, such a variety of colours. Your giant disk is awsome! I'll be expecting you to produce industrial weight ropes next!

Mama Grouch said...

Congrats! I am teaching needle felting to a group of women next week, I hope it goes as well as yours did!