Monday, September 18, 2006

Knitting and Stitching show NEC

Dear all,
What a weekend.
I did a two day stint at the Knitting and stitching show. Not exhibiting, but absorbing ideas and techniques, and a little bit of " might you be interested in my courses"
I met lots of lovely people, and spent some money.... and I can justify all of it.
I bought some more fantasy yarns, from Uppingham yarns,
for the courses and some bodkins for finishing of braids.

I bought some fab buttons for my neck warmer from the Button company

I bought some gorgeous aran weight silk yarn from Hip knits.

I did a knitted flowers workshop with Kerrie

from Hip knits and had some lovely chats with her and Laura about their new venture Yarn Forward, which is going to be a quarterly magazine which thinks outside the box with yarns.... sounds just like me. So I just had to subscribe! especially as they were interested in my work. I cant wait for the first issue.
I also pre ordered the new Julie Hedges book on Ply split braiding. Should be interesting as there has only ever been one book on the subject.
I also had a good chat with Sandy Jesset from the braid society. She was very encouraging about my work, and suggested that I put my name on the tutors list next year. She also asked me to write a book review on the new Helen Deighan book on braiding.
I think it was well worth going for the two days.
You may also have noticed I hit 1,000 on my site meter!!!!!!!!
wow!
I would have posted this sooner but shall I just say BLOGGER!
al x

No comments: