Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hook and roll

Dear all,
I've been a busy bee again.
Taught some pals to braid last night, and they loved it.
Made a friend a birthday bag. Happy Birthday aunty Catherine!I felted merino tops by hand and added some angelina fibres for a bit of glitz.
It had two flaps, seen below, which acts as a cool anti theft devise.

I've also purchased a new book, and for all those crocheters, and all those who cant yet, it's a must. Although I've had a few comments on the title the Happy Hooker!
The only disadvantage to it is it uses american crochet terms, and as I've only just managed to learn the english I may struggle, but it works from basics right up to some fab patterns.
The problem is that I have to do prep for my courses first before I can justify having a go.

I've also signed up for secret pal 9, very exciting. you basically treat a textile person for three months by sending anonymous presents, and someone send you some as well.

I also seem to have won a sock creature, hoorah, from mama grouch. cant wait!
off to prep
al x

No comments: