Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another giant leap for a textile artist!

Hello all,
I'm still here, just busy.
Did domestic crises last week.... leaking roof, broken washing machine, broken car etc
most are resolved...ish
My boy started full time school today, aaaahhhhh. He had a good day and got two stickers, one for a good picture and one for smiling.
So I now have to do domestic goddess and do school uniforms and pack lunches. humpf.
We got so wet on the way to school today I had to come home and change.
On the textile front, I've booked my tickets for the Knitting and stitching show at the NEC. hoorah, and I'm takin Emi with me....
I visited Bev at Knitting4fun last week and spent a fab time buying yarns I didnt need

These are Bev's fab pure wool for felting








This was some louisa harding and debbie bliss










And I couldnt leave this delicious Noro yarn









I knitted my little girl a bag, cos I couldnt get my green one off her, and Bev gave her some lovely flower buttons to go on it.









And on the Good Kharma Bunny total domination front, I have booked a room to run some courses in Oct and Nov to teach Kumihimo and I'm teaching a Quilting group how to braid in Sept. Got to write the courses now!!!
I've also drafted out the layout for the website.
so much fun and no time .....
al x

No comments: