Thursday, August 03, 2006

A 3D Ply split Vessel


So this is my very exciting finished project of the weekend.
I have finally finished my first ply split vessel, it was starting to become a thorn, but I needed to finish something for the exhibition. I couldn't decide which photo to put in cos it's different from every angle, so I put them all in.
It was made using hand dyed linen and uses both POT and SCOT ply split techniques.
I'm very pleased with it.
I blocked it, when finished, to make it stand up a bit more, and the only thing that fit was a can of WD40, My boy thinks it's a tree, but I think it make a great WD40 holder.
hope you like it ( maybe it's an octopus)
Oh by the way I'm on the Online Weavers spinners and dyers this month with some of my free form crochet ( link on right hand side of page) and we now have a blog page thanks to Leigh, in the links page.
al x

1 comment:

Mama Grouch said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. I don't know why it struck me...my first thought was that it looked just like a tree or a plant and that is really appealing.

It certainly improves the look of the WD-40!