Saturday, August 05, 2006

great fields of hemp!

I've been meaning to show this for a week or so.
It was taken at the silk paper workshop, the field is owned by a lady who owns the farm where we were, madam chairperson of the Lutterworth emboiderers guild.
She farms Hemp, industrial hemp, I think it's for cattle fodder. Because of it being industrial, it has no intoxicating properties, but when I took this it was after a heavy rain storm and it was steaming away to itself, I could't help thinking you aught to take a deep breath in case it was.
Hemp is such an under used resource you can get so much from it, the yarn especially is fab.
It looked so beautiful, a bit like the tops of a forest.

I've also included a picture of the card I made for mum and dad's card for their jade wedding anniversary.
I took an image and cut it up, stuck it down on another sheet and added to the picture with coloured pencil.
It's supposed to be a good technique if you want to look at colours instead of the image. I was pleased with it and mum loved it. hoorah.
al x

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Gosh but you've been a busy bunny! I love the card (very clever) and the felted pots (also very clever), and the ply split octopus vessel (exceptionally clever). You've been amazingly productive this past week.

Good Kharma Bunny said...

I know I dont know what came over me.
There's more as well as I've done two workshops this weekend.
Thankyou for your continuing support
al x

Mac's niece said...

How'd the exhibition go at the Lutterworth Feast?

I was thinking of you.

Good Kharma Bunny said...

just got back,
Went very well, back on saturday.
wound cords and ply splitted!
good fun, but tiring.
was in my element, just seemed to keep talking..........
thanks for the thought
al x