Sunday, October 08, 2006

admissions of a beginner knitter

So I admit I'm a beginner knitter, Everyone has to start somewhere, but I'm determined to succeed.
I got so frustrated last week, I took this picture!

My husband walked in and looked quizically at me...
I believe I said" I may not be able to knit But I can cook a mean muffin!

I've knitted three things this week, one worked!!! number 2 counts as a lesson learnt, the other is a AWIP ( annoying work in progress).
The lesson learnt was a hat for emi. The principle was good I wanted a unique hat for her to wear on the way to school to drop adam off. So I decided a square felted one would be cool, (extra warm). I had a skein of a lovely Noro yarn

and I knitted it fine and sewed it together fine

hmmm..... Then I felted it

the sides weren't long enough and the top was too big. It is now a very unique vessel, but Emi still insists on wearing it!


The second was a huge sucess, my black felted bag, with decoration. I am sooo pleased with it.
Emi loves any bag that I produce

the third, my mother in law has taken pitty on me and insisted I go to hers on friday for a knitin to sort me out!!
Is there any hope for me?
al x

2 comments:

Mac's niece said...

Of course there is hope. You need a good set of mnemonics that work for you (e.g. the purl side looks like a row fo seed pearls), and enough disasters that you finally see what a stitch looks like, which way the yarn twists and where to stick the needle in the row below!!!

Stick with it ... I am sure you will enjoy it before too long.

Anonymous said...

Love the blue elephant on the lead in the last pic!!