Monday, May 28, 2007

No really it's meant to be like that

Hello,
Apparently according to blogger I've not posted since the 15th.... Well I apologise it's been a little bit manic. what day is it today??
I've got absolutely no idea of the date! But I know I got paid so it must be after the 25th!!
Any way....
I've got textiley bits and non textiley bits to tell.
First I've been crocheting after a bit of a braiding overload.
I decided to try a pattern, cos I can freeform, but there is a skill to reading a pattern. SO I purchased a pattern from woolly Wormhead
It should look like this. Now in Woolly Wormheads defence It's not her fault that I'm rubbish at reading patterns. It made perfect sense after I'd asked a few people.

So TAKE ONE
The wool I used is from my fab secret pal, I got 4 balls so was able to start again without destroying my first attempt!!
This was the first attempt, I totally missread the pattern and did five stitches into one stitch and then did 2, instead of doing two into one stitch and then a single double into the next five! apparently...
Hence the beautiful ruffles!!I thought it might improve so I kept going, and when I got to the second ball I gave in, and my wonderful Hubby said " but you do freeform....." taking out the rude parts of the response I said "but this was supposed to be something!!!!"
I really like it...

TAKE 2
So I sat my MIL down and said help, and started again!!
and this was the result....
It actually does what it says on the tin!
The only problem being it's supposed to fit me... but I have a very big head! The lesson here is DO A TENSION SQUARE" yes I know I should but I have so little time to do anything....
Can you tell adam didnt want his picky taken!
It sort of fits Emi So I need to adapt it a bit and them I'm going to start again and do one for me.
In the mean time disaster struck
arghhhh my number five hook.
what am I to do..... may be I'm too much of a novice to use plastic hooks.
Back to making cords for the next course I'm doing!!!!! more arghhhh
More on the rest of the last few weeks later
al x

No comments: