Tuesday, July 03, 2007

a multitude of fab parcels

Dear all,
Having extracted my youngest, kicking and screaming from the computer, I have managed to post these.
First package I received was my Knitters treat exchange, all the way from kate in Australia.
There was a whole list of things;
A huge length of beautiful green thai cotton
A skein of bright green banana silk
a ball of jumbuck yarn
a Yarn magazine
a book called the koala who bounced ( very cool story, emi loved it)
a first edition coles magazine
some Lush bath salts, emi keeps picking it up and saying "me bubbles, me bubbles!!", hmm she is definitely my daughter.
needles, crochet hooks, buttons, chocolates, a colouring in book of australian plants and animals, a bag a kinky knits pattern book.
and a postacrd of a sock knitter
all so exciting, thank you so much.
I'm going to take it all on holiday with me and read and play with it all.
this wonderful package came from Kate at Bluemountainknits



then there was the my last secret pal package...

which was a lovely collection of things
a beautiful little manequin, which I'm hoping to display bracelets and things on,
...pins, always important,
lots of love heart sweets, adam is having lots of fun with these. He kept saying "find me find me" this pm and we kept saying no cant see you, and it took us ages to realise he was reading his sweet( pah parents).
I got a great pack of fimo, yes I too played alot with this as a kid, cant wait to make some beads and buttons with the kids.
a morehouse merino scarf kit with yarn and pattern, also going on holiday,
and a ball of gedifra filorosa a fab yarn that has every possible texture in it,in one ball. Might crochet a swirly scarf in it for fun.
and my pal had recently been to Barcelona and bought me a fab little magnet mug for the fridge and this beautiful fimble.
I'm so lucky. thank you very very much.
But I still dont know who you are!! go on give me clue.

So what a week, I'm going to go and lay it out on the floor and play!

Thank you both very much
al x

1 comment:

Mac's niece said...

Great parcels - can't wait to see those lovely yarns in the flesh.

Are you thinking of going to Knitting and Stitching this year?