Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's oh so quiet!

In moments of stress and when the kids are just getting to me a little bit with their continuous noise I find myself quoting Bjork!! ( I know, I don't think there is a cure)

"it's oh so quiet: it's oh so still,
your all alone: and so peacefull until......."
(I'm sure you know the next bit, if not believe me it gets very loud very quickly)

The irony of it tends to help a bit with the situation.

Until last week when my four year old son was watching Emi trash the joint and sang "It's oh so quiet, it's oh so still"
ohhh double irony, a four year old singing Bjork, who has never heard of Bjork let alone the song he was singing!!
So today in a moment of desperation we had a google moment and found this It's oh so quiet

How cool! now adam understands why mummy sings it, and it turns out Emi may be a closet Bjork fan! hmm

I'll tell you about the MC Hammer one another time! You have to be of a certain age! ( think baggy trousers).

life goes on in the bunny household, if not slightly more insane than usual


ooooh on a textiley thing I order some very exciting yarn last night, you'll have to wait to see......

al x

2 comments:

Mac's niece said...

Loved the link! Bjork is great! A pixie here amongst us. Having worked with a lot of Finnish folk I am reminded of their traits and querks every time I see her.

BTW for Dan Brown fans... don't you think the Blogger word verification symbols are reminiscent of Illuminati ambigrams?!

Anonymous said...

Show us the yarn! Show us the yarn!