Thursday, June 29, 2006

ooohhh bananas!!!!!

It's finally arrived! ( from nepal that is)
Bev from Knitting4fun finally got her banana yarn from Nepal, and I have had to order it quickly cos she's off to Wool fest this weekend, along with lots of very textiley people ( not bitter, much). Bev was taking all of her yummy stuff with her, and as she's the only person I know that had banana yarn in the uk, I think it will go really quickly. Thats my excuse.
So this is what i got


Some spaced dyed recycled banana yarn, oh so yummy







some recycled banana yarn, odd colour but nothing I cant cope with.









and some top quality recyled sari silk.









In term of texture the banana yarn is alot like silk, it is shinier than the recycled silk and not as coarse. We will have to see how forgiving it is when I cord it.
I've got to get it into a ball first.
off to have fun.
oh, in term of family, hubby had almost finished marking, and we break up for holiday in two weeks!!!! off to wales for a week then, cant wait we all need it.
al x

2 comments:

Leigh said...

What yummy yarns! I didn't think your reason for getting them was an excuse, it was good logic! ;)

Mac's niece said...

Bautiful Yarns - can't wait to see what you do with them. How did you hear about bananna yarn? When it says recycled banna yarn, what do you think that means? What has it been recycled from? Banannas?!

So many questions... that will teach you to be so ground breaking!