Sunday, June 04, 2006

more poxy bunnies and man the trenches!

Emi Lou finally got the chicken pox!
She's not a very happy bunny, better to have it now though.

So, that aside, I've battened down the hatches and tried not to plan anything for the month of june!
As of tomorrow I become a one parent family for a month, or a exam marker's widow.
My fab hubby marks AS level papers for a bit of extra cash, but it's hard work on the family cos we have to keep out of his way for about three weeks. one in four years is the worst, cos its world cup!
I have to keep the kids occupied and happy whilst he marks. So you might have to excuse me for a few weeks, the postings may be a bit sparce. You might get a lot of flower pickies, use them as inspiration, I do.
In terms of texiles, I am doing some.
I've done two fab knotted bracelets, and I'm working on a 3D vessel, that I can't show you just yet cos it's work in progress, and keeps changing nearly every time I pick it up.
I'm also trying to find a way of stopping my bracelets stretching.
I got my competition pack from hipknits
Which i'll show you a picky of when I find the other half of it!
I'm also brain-storming some courses I'm planning on running on ply split braiding and possibly some kumihimo braiding. The web site is coming on as well, although my web designer is going to be a bit distracted this month.
Have fun
al x

2 comments:

Mama Grouch said...

Hope you are doing well and keeping sane!

Anonymous said...

Alice,

Thanks for your truly beautiful dyed yarns - they are drip drying now as we type, and my kneedles are itching to get going on them. Please do post your impressive and fabulous array of dyed yarns - the colours are beautiful and I know poeple will want to admire them.

A very satisfied customer!