Thursday, November 09, 2006

The triffid has legs!!!!!!!!!!

Dear all,
I have my ply split braiding head on this week. I'm demonstrating 3D ply split at the Lutterworth embroiderers guild on saturday, so I thought I should have something to show.
I have some but now I have more.....

Having lots of fun trying out some of the techniques I've been storing in my brain for a while.
The best so far is my triffid or Hydra. It started out as a tree and then got a mind of its own, and then last night it grew feet. I'm really pleased with it.

I've also done a few more 3d bracelets the red one is knitting4fun's banana yarn and the pinky one is hipknits aran weight silk

and as a finale I've had a go at lattice work, not very 3D but just as tricky. I'm so pleased with it, but it took ages there's about 2 inches here and it took me 2 nights!!

I've also set the dates for the Second batch of courses I will be running in 2007. I wanted them sorted so I could publicise them on saturday.
For those interested the dates are
24th February
Plysplit braiding
28th April
Kumihimo braiding
19th May
Advanced kumihimo
june 2007
two dates for hand felting, to be arranged.
I'll post more info later, but let me know if you want more info now.
al x

No comments: