Monday, December 04, 2006

just keep blogging


I am here honest,
It never rains when it pours or something like that....
I'm sure all I have to say is poorly children.... walk in centres.... doctors... no sleep....
Never mind ,whilst one sleeps and the other gets a thomas fix, lets have some fun...
Here is the bag that I knitted with Bev from knitting4fun.com
I used Katia Nordic wool and 20mm circular needles.
I then felted it in the machine.
The intention was to make a bag with intentional holes in. It seems to have worked. It's quite a small bag and firm, it's possibly going to be a crochet hook holder.At the moment the hooks and bag seem to be missing each other, in the chaos that is my house.
That aside I'm trying to get into the christmas spirit,
SSSOOO what are your run up to christmas traditions?
My mum made some giant fabric advent calendars for my two kids and she fills them with little gifts.
I'm seriously thinking about making myself one with thornton chocolate sized pockets. hmmmm
I've bought emi some christmas lights for her room and adam's as well, it's going to be a twinkly christmas.
I make my own xmas cards, maybe I'm just mad....
I've just bought Miracle on 34th street and the Santa Clause1 & 2 which will give me somethingo watch whilst wrapping prezzies.
Tell me what your doing for the run up.
al x

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Well, without young children in the house it's different. We always did an advent wreath with readings and carols and prayers every night. Our traditions seem to center around food. Pepperoni bread for Christmas Eve, Scotch eggs and cinnamon butter on English muffins for Christmas breakfast, and cinnamon apples as a part of Christmas dinner (which changes every year.) Things are a little different now with both kids at uni.