Tuesday, March 06, 2007

another felting triumph!

Dear all,
Several years ago my mum bought me a skein of Colinette prism
It's a wool/cotton mix, well its wool with cotton around it in a contrasting colour.
It's a beautiful yarn, but as ever it sat in the stash for a long time waiting a suitable project.
A month ago I went on a knitted/ felted accessories course run by Living threads and Bev from Knitting4fun.
I decided to knit a belt, now most of you know my knitting skills are slim on the best of days. But i was determined, so I knitted four rows of garter and then a few rows of lace stitch.
it was about four inched wide before felting and is now about 2 inches.
I knitted it very long cos I was going to felt it. I put yarn wrapped washers on the end for adornment. It came out better than I could ever expected. All it needs now is a clasp or pin to hold it. very exciting.
this is before felting
and this is post felting.
What do you think? not bad for a beginner!
off to rescue my felted pingpong balls from a excitable kitten and a two yr old!!!
for all those who noticed the little questionaire/blogger blip, I sorted it!!
al x

No comments: