Friday, March 23, 2007

Still alive, or medical ramblings

Dear all,
Thank you for everyone's concern, the MRI went fine yesterday. I dont get my results until the end of July, unless they find anything yucky. I think this is unlikely. Not overly worried, just want rid of my headaches.
Musings on the MRI;
So you take everything off that has metal in it, no jewellry, belts etc...you feel so bare
and then they say quietly " you'll have to take your bra off" you find yourself saying thats fine and then spend ten minutes thinking uplifting thoughts. Thank goodness you have to lie down for a MRI.
I knew it wasnt going to pleasant, but being the mother of 2 ( Csections and epidurals) I thought I could probably handle it as no pain was involved.......
So they place headphones on you and a big plastic frame over your head and wheel you into the big plastic polo. Words cannot explain how loud it is even with headphones on.
But lying down for 40 minutes was great.
The frame has a mirror in it so you can watch them doing your scans, and your feet. so not as claustrophobic as it could have been. Although watching the man who did the injection pick his nose for ten minutes was the low point of the scan. And he had no sense of humour, they inject a dye to see the veins, and I trying to keep calm and well humoured asked if he was going to make me glow in the dark... he didn't even smirk..
Whilst in there you do find your mind wandering. So I will share a little wandering.
The best analogue of what the MRI sounds like will really make sense to terry pratchett fans...
all I could think of was these little elves with big hammers running around banging loudly.
The other thought was the filling tomorrow is going to hurt more than this!!
and it did! although my dentist is the best ever and you hardly feel a thing.
So to conclude the week from hell is over!!!!!!!!
hoorah.
No more medical ramblings for ages I promise.
Thank you again for all you concern.
al x

No comments: