Sunday, March 18, 2007

so much to tell and alot of crochet!

Dear all,
I have so much to tell and I had no pickies to illustrate, so had to go and take them. so a quick post has taken me 1 1/2 hrs argh.
I shall not give excuses for lack of posting, well maybe a little bit;
my hubby is off with no voice! ( he's a teacher)
my number 2 support has been to new zealand for 2 weeks, my mil has just flown out to st lucia...
it's all go...
SO recently
1) I have been on a Alysn Midgelow Marsden (who runs the beetroot tree, and wrote this book), workshop on angelina fibre, very exciting... still work in progress
2) bought three tunisian crochet hooks off ebay, a 4mm, 8mm and a very beautifull 20mm wooden one ( the yarn is for scale)

3a) went to blackberry yarns in mountsorrel and didnt buy anything!
3b) went to the yarn shop in Beeston, with mac's niece, you have never seen so much yarn in one place, ooohhh and spent a bit! bought Rowan cotton jeans and some Louisa Harding Grace silk wool. pure impulse buys!!
4) crocheted a scarf!! from the happy hooker book, using the gotland hand spun that I got for sp9

5) crocheted a head band!! to restrain the hair that is getting longer
6) been on a crochet workshop and learnt that I can crochet, yey! this is my crochet stitch template
!
7) realised how much I am in denial about the advanced kumihimo workshop I'm running in May, luckily I did realise it with 9 weeks to go!
8) featured twice in the braid society newsletter, yey!

Also this next week I have a week from hell, you know those week when you know it's not going to be pretty!
we have
monday My car booked in to fix the washers, I just realised I didn't tell you ( or did I) I HAVE A NEW CAR ( pickies when it's day time)
tuesday Bupa appointment for hubby's voice!
wednesday work!
thursday, brain scan for me yey! just to see if I have a brain from the excess yarn thing ( or to get rid of my headaches)
friday a big filling for me!!!!!
But it's ok mum get back tomorrow!! phew, does she know whats she's coming back to... ( no!)

more soon
al x

4 comments:

Jody said...

Wow! Hang in there! Busy busy! Just think about all the yummy yarn you can buy yourself as a reward for making it through the week :)

Mac's niece said...

Hope all went well for you at the hospital today... Hope you have a relaxing weekend to look forward to.

You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Hope your brain scan went okay... If they scanned me they wouldn't find anything!!

Have made you a special blobby bead for being a good girl!! It's blue, red, yellow and green. (I've just realised how yuck that sounds! - It's nice, really!)

Bee.
xx

Sally said...

I made that Happy Hooker scarf too, in a very similar color! It was fun and quick. Mine came out about 6 feet long.