Friday, March 23, 2007

knitting treat

Dear all,
We have received our Secretpals 10s, it's all going well, Hi to floozy who is treating me, she seems to be as mad as me, cool. And I cant tell you who I'm treating... but I'm going to sew for pleasure next week to buy lots of yummy things for her.
as a side thought...
I have succumbed... part of this is all your fault , some of you said I deserved a treat after this week so I did kinda, I'm treating someone else.
I have signed up for another knitting exchange.
The knitters treat exchange
Looks like it's going to be fun. This one is a one off exchange, not spread over three months like secret pal, and is a little smaller.
So here are my answers to the all important questions
1) My favorite yarn? Banana yarn/ aran weight silk, noro (any)
2) My least favorite? Lace weight yarn scares me, actually anything thinner than four ply.
3) The first thing I do when I enter a new yarn shop? take a deep breath and look at the prices of the luxury yarns, silk/ noro/louisa harding then go and find something I can afford . then I look for all the yarns I don't recognise and decide which to treat myself with. To demonstrate...I recently went into a new yarn shop and bought 3 balls of rowan cotton denim, and two impulsive louisa harding grace- silk wool.
4) What other crafts do I do/ would like to do? I braid and felt, I would like more time to do all the things I already do.
5) What magazines do I subscribe to? Yarn forward, I buy simply knitting quite often, and my mum and I share her subsciption to Selvedge.
6)Magazines in order of preference; Crochet,Knitting, Home, other Craft, Food, Garden, fashion, celebrity gossip.
7) What items do I like to knit/ crochet? accessories, easy quick stuff
8)Am I allergic to anything? ironing! apart from that no
9) What do I like to smell of? lemon, and lavender, I also got bought the new Stella Mcartney block perfume for mothers day so I smell of that at the moment
10) Your favorite way to relax? a long hot bath or crafting in front of the telly, or sleep, it's friday I have few need in life other than sleep.
11)Your stood outside a victorian tea shop, a italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery, a dainty tea room, which do you go into first? the italian cafe, I'm sure I was an italian mama in a former life
12)what do you come out with? after I've had a large italian hot chocolate and a italian pastry, probably indigestion, or some italian chocolate
13)where to next? the bakery to buy cream cakes, for afternoon tea at home, after I have found a yarn shop!!
14)Words of wisdom for your pal? dear pal I have had a bad week this week, bear with me, I may try to answer these again next week, my mantra is it will all be fine. apparently I say it alot.
or always carry a toothbrush and toothpaste in your bag at all times
or never tell a polar bear he looks fat
or yey it's friday
please ask any more questions, but i cant guarantee how sane the answers will be!
al x

No comments: