Friday, May 26, 2006

an entry for ethel's photo challenge

Ethel from ethelexperience.blogpsot.com has started a competition where she gives five words/phrases and you have to post a picky for each word, it can be as tenuous as you like.
So I thought i'd have a go, bear with me. the first word/phrase is
America the beautiful
this one caused me the most problems, so I've posted 2 the first is a fun one, It's a chinook helicopter ( adam asked me to take it), they are an amazing feet of engineering, so are beautiful. (If you look to the right of the photo you might notice a Swift getting in on the act ( also beautiful).)
But I'm not sure if they are american( helicopter that is), so I posted the next one, which I know is american, although spun in Taiwan, it a ball of Squiggle by crystal palace yarns, this is also beautiful.

the second word is heatwave
did I mention I had a cat? this is Lenny, and he loves the sun, taken in a short sun burst this week! he's also very mad, runs in the family.
the third is ice ice baby
this was taken a few years ago by me, and is a bit of a cheat, it's got Ice in it! I'll try harder next time ethel honest.

the fourth is under the pink

I
love the underneath of flowers I find them prettier than the front most of the time. this is a pink aquilega from my garden this week. I so wanted to post a picky of under the calomine pink lotion, but he wouldn't let me take it.
fifth building a mystery

Need I say more... this is adam building a mystery in our garden.
now you can go and see the other entries or take part at ethels photo challenge
I think ,bit confused. nothing new there.
enjoy
al x

1 comment:

Ethel said...

Fantastic! I'll get you linked when I'm back from my trip. It's 2am here right now and I have to leave for the airport in 2 hours. I'm just briefly online to check flight status. LOL

Love your entries and thanks for participating!