Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ply Split Braiding

This is what I do for fun!
Ply splitting involves making cords using a cord winder and plying them together using a gripfid or latchet hook, I post a picky of the tools later.
I mainly do bracelets and wind chimes.




This is part of a hemp windchime, I put big ethnic bells on the end.











These are examples of the bracelets that I make. They look a bit better on, I will do some other pickies later.










But most recently I have been making 3D organic structures and 3D bracelets.




lots of fun!

off to fall asleep in a corner
al x


2 comments:

Mama Grouch said...

Wow, I love the organic sculptures - and I don't normally go for that kind of thing. They just really struck me as beautiful with the fibers spilling out of them.

carmilevy said...

What a gift you have. My daughter would LOVE to spend the day with you!